Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday, December 21st


Still have a low appetite, still preferring bland foods, but still having late night indigestion, and still in a Zombie state most of my waking hours.

Fell asleep at 11:15 last night, woke up at 12:30, then watched the clock until 3:30, then slept, off and on until 7:00.  Had a mild headache that required no meds.  I did get up at 1:00 and took 2 Promethazine tablets in the hopes of curbing the burning in my stomach, didn’t work.  This is acid reflux at it’s best!  I used to have acid reflux before my heart problems, and haven’t had them since I changed my diet to low fat, low salt, and no sugar.  Heart disease will do that to you!

To recap, I was on 1000mg of Diamox daily, with doses of Vicodin, or Norco as required for headache pain, followed by Zofram or Promethazine as required for nausea.  The Zofram was ineffective and my neurologist cut my Diamox to 500mg per day and prescribed Norco for headache pain.  The first night of 500mg Diamox, the severe headaches returned, requiring more Norco and now Promethazine.  I decided to put myself back on 1000mg of Diamox, as I prefer the nausea and indigestion to headaches; requires less pain meds.

I have a call into the Neurologist office to see if there is anything they can give me to aid in my sleep, beside the Norco.  Maybe something that would knock me out for 6-8 hours?

I did go to work today, got in at 8:30 and worked till 3:30 and was able to keep up pretty well.  Right now I’m walking in my sleep, but afraid to lay down too early and end up again tonight.

I’ve been reading some of my entries and it appears I have been wandering a little, but that’s where I’m at right now, not all that together!

No comments:

Post a Comment