Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday, December 16th


The Zofran is not working!  I slept 4 hours Wednesday night before the stomach pain and indigestion made me set up.  May have slept another hour while setting up.  Last night was the worst.  I slept until 1:30, then the nausea, gas and pain set in.  Tried to prop myself up with extra pillows, just didn’t work.  Tossed and turned until about 3:30, then got up and sat up in a chair until morning. 

Called Dr Young’s office and described what is going on.  He cut my Diamox in half and called in a prescription for Promethazine, which I will try tonight.

Promethazine is a first-generation antihistamine of the phenothiazine family. The drug has anti-motion sickness, antiemetic, and anticholinergic effects, as well as a strong sedative effect and in some countries is prescribed for insomnia when benzodiazepines are contraindicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment