Monday, December 12, 2011

Back to Work


Monday, December 12th

Since my visit to the ER last Wednesday, I had not returned to work.  Besides the constant headaches, I was a mental wreck and didn’t want to be around other people, because I didn’t want to talk about my diagnosis.

Since starting the new meds, my headaches are less severe, and I am sleeping better.  Today I had a low-grade headache that started in the back of my head and radiated to the top of my forehead.  Also had light pain in my neck and some reoccurring nausea, but didn’t take any Norco today!

Today, I returned to work.  I was somewhat apprehensive about how my diagnosis and treatment would be received by my employer.  After all, I will probably be somewhat worthless for the next 6-8 weeks.  What I found is a gracious employer that is allowing me to work as I can pre and post operative, until I can return full time.  I am truly a blessed man!

Neurologist’s office called to set a time for my surgery on January 4th, but I was not home, will call them tomorrow and get a time established.

No comments:

Post a Comment