Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday, December 20th


My appetite is low, which is not all that bad.  I’m guarded about what I eat, choosing bland foods to avoid indigestion.  I am now very constipated, probably from the meds.  Will buy some over the counter meds later today. 

Saturday night I waited until bedtime before taking the Promethazine and had some nausea for the first hour.   After the nausea subsided, I slept through the night.  Got up around 8:30 Sunday, and by 12:45 I developed a headache across the center of my forehead.  It got worse in the afternoon, so I took a Norco and a Promethazine and took a nap.  I awoke at 5:45 with the headache, but not like before, more of a constant pressure.  I had the headache all evening and into the night.  I can’t help but think it’s the half dose of Diamox.

Sunday night was pretty tough, had very bad nausea.  Could not find comfort regardless the position, so I just watched the clock until around 3:00, and then fell asleep until 9:30.  When I woke up I was very disoriented and was loosing my balance.  Took me about an hour to get out of the house, but decided I better get to work. 

Once at work, I just couldn’t concentrate on anything, found myself bouncing from project to project, not getting much done.  Still having balance issues as well.  I left work at 3:00, just couldn’t stay focused.

I went back to a full dose of Diamox on Monday, thinking if the headaches go away, then I’ll know its pressure caused by the tumor. 

It’s now Tuesday morning, and I decided to stay home today.  I slept pretty well last night, did not take any Norco, but did take the Promethazine.  I awoke a few times; mainly when I changed positions in bed, my stomach was on fire.  I keep water by my bed and a drink would always help.

I find myself very lethargic, which is not the way I would have ever describe myself before the meds!

No comments:

Post a Comment