Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tuesday, January 3rd


Trying to get it together before the surgery tomorrow.  I have a checklist of pre-surgery instructions:

·      No food or drink after midnight
·      No shaving in the area of the surgery
·      Bathe the night before and morning of surgery with supplied anti-septic soap

I have a small travel bag packed with a pair of PJ’s, and shave kit for Momma to bring when I’m able to get up and move around.  I’ll have family with me before and after the surgery, so lots of prayers and comfort knowing they’re close.

My single largest trepidation is the pain meds.  I have a real problem with aspirin based pain meds and don’t want to go through the nausea again, especially in the hospital!  As for fears of complications with the surgery, I’ve read a lot of good and a lot of bad and don’t want to dwell on the negative, so staying positive.  Got to say I’m anxious to get off the Diamox!

T-minus 18.5 hours and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment